Mcdonald's Happy Meal U.F.O. A Holy Grail Found..


I have wanted one of these forever! I mean that, like forever. Here's the problem. I didn't know what to call them. What it is if you aren't sure is a Mcdonald's Happy-Meal Spaceship. It's the first Happy Meal that I ever remember getting back when I lived in Illinois. This was way back in 1982.

See, when I would do searches on it I was always looking for Mcdonald's Happy Meal UFO. That's what I remember them being called. U.F.O's, when in reality they are called, Happy Meal Spaceships. That's a good name too.


This was the one that I had and I had if for YEARS! I mean that, years. I loved the shape of it and I loved that it was green. That's my favorite color. I do prefer a darker shade, more like forest as opposed to neon but Green is Green, I guess.  

What I really loved about it though was that besides carrying hamburgers and fries it also made for a really great action figure space ship! See, it opens and you can put dudes inside! How great is that? Totally great!


It doesn't have seats or anything, that'd be too much to ask for but you could fit a whole grip of figures in there. I remember that my Fisher Price Adventure People would zip around the living room inside of here and later my Star Wars dudes did the same thing. I had a bunch of Star Wars guys but only had one ship, Darth Vader's Tie-Fighter so when Luke wanted to fight back against The Empire he did it inside of a Happy Meal..



Another cool thing about it was that it floated so it also got to double up as a boat when it was bathtub play time. Now that I think about it Mcdonald's eventually made boat Happy Meals too. I'm not sure if I ever had one. If I did, it didn't make the impact on my life that this green space ship did.

I was lucky enough to get this at an Ebay Auction. The sale ended on July 4th so I picked it up for only a couple of dollars while everyone else was out enjoying fireworks and BBQs. I don't regret it at all. 

Here is a TV Spot for these awesome Happy Meals. It'll really bring you back if you happen to be from that era or it'll take you there if you've never been. Either way, it's great.

             


Comments