Computer Warriors VHS Tape!


Weird. This is kind of a weird deal. I picked this up at a thrift store in Petaluma the other week. I vaguely recall hearing about The Computer Warriors but hearing about it and seeing it are totally different. The deal is that Mattel came out with this toy line called The Computer Warriors and unlike a lot of toy lines at the time it didn't have a cartoon based on it. The toon' came out later and was limited to one episode. 

The cartoon was pretty wild though. I don't know if wild is the right word really, maybe another word is more appropriate but I don't know what that word is. Cheap? Tron-Like? I don't know. Cheap and Tron-ish? Here it is. Take a look for yourself and let me know if you come up with a good word for what you see. 



The toys are kind of cool. They were sort of like Transformers or something of that sort. A toy based on being disguised as other things. There was one that was a Pepsi Can with a dude and little base on the inside. Things like that. I guess that's cool. I do like Pepsi. 


I don't remember seeing them at all when they first came out. That's too bad. I think that I would have been into them. It was 1990 and that was around the time that I got out of high school and I wasn't really buying that many toys at the time. I was more into Rap Tapes and Phillie Blunts hats. 

Anyway, I'm glad that I found this tape. It's goofy. Is that the right word? Anyway, it only cost me a buck or so. That's the going rate for 2nd hand, thrift store video tapes. Oh ya, did I mention the store? It was so small! Seriously it was so small that they must have had MAYBE 100 dollars worth of merchandise in the whole place. How do you run a store and make a living if you have less stuff for sale than I have in my office right now? Oh well, they must know what they're doing right?

Comments