Video Store Stickers: Take One Video and Longs Movies


 Hey, it's been awhile since we've done one of these but it's not for lack of looking on my part. A lot of the local thrift stores have stopped carrying VHS tapes which I think is wack but I imagine that they know their business and it must be that the tapes aren't selling and that they could use the shelf space for towels or something..

Here is the first interesting specimen that I found today. Let's take a look...


Longs was a drugstore chain that we had around here BITD. Sadly they were bought up by CVS years ago. Longs was the spot though. They had the best selection of He-Man knock-off figures like Galaxy Warriors and Sungold Wrestlers. I used to go there a lot with my Grandpa to pick up his pills and such. I miss those trips. He was a good man and I could talk him into a figure every once and awhile. That's not what made him a good man though but it is evidence of his kindness.

Longs like many other stores of the time carried VHS and later DVDs and had a small rental desk near the customer service. I don't have any memories of renting tapes there though. I'm not sure that I ever did but I for sure remember them having a section for it. 


Take One Video of Danville is a new one to me which is great. I did a little bit of looking around and couldn't find anything about this chain. There is a video production company called Take One Video in the Danville area but I don't think that they are related to the store but who knows?

I think that the name is interesting though. Like it sort of implies that you can only Take One tape. I'm sure that's not the case and that the idea is like "Take One" ya know, like in movie parlance.. It must have been working for them though. They did have three stores after all.

Comments