Video Store Stickers: Video Antics. Santa Rosa


Welcome to another insalment of Video Store Stickers the bit where I wax nostalgic for Long Gone Northern California Video Stores. This week we have a doozy. It's a store called Video Antics, Mission Circle Santa Rosa. It's a store I frequented for years and had an impossible time remembering the name of.

Here is the quick story about how I came up on the label. Me and the wife were out hitting some thrift stores and as I usually do I hit up the VHS Section which is getting smaller and smaller all the time but as for now it's still there. 

Anyhow, I was digging through the tapes when I came up on a copy of True Grit, the Wayne one not the Coen Brothers one. I don't think that's available on tape..So I found the True Grit and it was totally smashed up and I wasn't going to even look at it but I'm glad I did because it had the sticker that you see below us here. 


Man, I am so glad I looked. That's a lesson for all you kids out there. Always look. You never know what you will find. 

I was so happy. I used to hit up Video Antics all the time. They had a pretty good selection of wrestling tapes which was my main rental topic for most of my youth. That's the place I used to rent Grunt The Wrestling Movie which is one of my all-time fave cult flicks...

The thing was I knew that there was a store, I could picture what it looked like on the inside, I knew where it was located but for the life of me I could not remember what it was called. Now I can and that made the whole trip to The Crossing The Jordan Thrift store worthwhile..


That's a pic off google that shows you what the location of the store was. It in the McDonald's Mission Plaza directly across from the McDonalds. Right now there is an ice cream shop called Fruta in there. It's actually quite great. They have those most banging Cheese Cake Ice Cream I have ever tasted in my life. I go there pretty often. 

Before the Ice Cream place was there it was a nail salon and before that it was Cooperstown Comics and Cards. I used to go to Coopers all the time and I really miss that store a lot... Honestly I miss Coopers more than I miss Video Antics truth be told. Coopers had a fantastic selection of quarter comics. 

When I was working at Bradley Video I'd dip over there all the time on my break and peruse the stacks. That was a great time in my life even if I didn't recognize it at the time... 

Comments