Mego Pics: Greg Brady. Hawaiian Vacation.


I used to be huge into the Brady Bunch. Who wasn't? It seemingly played 2 or 3 times a day on the various local TV Networks. I know it was on KBHK and I seem to remember it being on 36 and 40 too. 

It was everywhere so of course we all remember the 2 part episode in which The Bunch goes to Hawaii and finds a cursed Tiki Idol! 

That was one of the best episodes of them all. My personal fave is the one where The Brady Kids form a singing group called The Silver Platters. I still have that song they sang stuck in my head.. I think I'll go for a walk outside now the Summer Sun's calling my name... That was a catchy tune man. I wonder who wrote it... 

Not Sure What He's Doing Here
Aside from Greg, Mego has produced figures of Alice, she comes w/ a slice of pie and Marsha. The Marsha that got hit in the face with a football (Oh my Nose!). Those Brady kids never seemed to learn that you shouldn't play ball in the house. Vases and noses both get broke when you do. 

The Greg in this set comes complete with a Tiki Idol on a string and a really great Hawaiian Shirt. I like this figure a lot. The head sculpt looks a lot like Greg and the idol is a super dope accessory. 

I was never able to find Greg on the store shelves. I had to order him from Target.com. There are some issues with finding Megos in stores but that's fine. The hunt is most of the fun,
Hey.
Know what else would be cool? A Greg as Johnny Bravo. Remember that? He was going to be a big singing star and he started dressing like a hippy. That one was a classic too and I could really get behind a Mego of him.

Oh, I looked it up BTW. Sunshine Day was written by Steve Mccarthy. I couldn't find any other significant credits for him but Sunshine Day is so great who needs to ever write anything again. I sure wouldn't.
Getting Loose On Some Jamaica Rum
I don't know where that bottle of Rum came from. I found it in a box I have full or figure accessories. I was looking to see if I had any guns that might fit Action Jackson. He's getting bored of his one pistol and wants a machine gun or something.. 

I wasn't able to find any weapons on a Mego scale but I did find that Rum bottle. It seemed to go perfect with Greg's vacation shirt... I like how he looks like a sneaky teen getting away with some boozin'.  He has such a creepy smirk..

Comments