T.R.O.Y Rowdy Roddy Piper



I just right now found out that Roddy Piper died. He was my 1st favorite wrestler. I had a Hot Rod T-Shirt. I made a VHS Tape of just his matches off TV. I still have it. Roddy was only 61, That is so young. Not old enough to die that's for sure.

This really hurts my heart. I loved him because he was just so bad and so smart also his biggest foe of my youth, Hulk Hogan was so darn big and Roddy was so average sized at best and Hulk could never beat him. 

Sure, Hogan appeared to be on top but Hot Rod never did the job and even if he got beat you couldn't keep him down. He'd just get his pals, Paul Orndorff or Ace Bob Orton and they'd go after that GIANT blonde geek over and over again. If you ask me, Roddy was the babyface. He was to me anyway..

Roddy was so well respected that before her UFC debut Ronda Rousey called him up and asked if it was cool if she called herself Rowdy Ronda Rousey. That's respect. He said yes of course and if he didn't you know darn well she wouldn't be called Rowdy. 

This is super sad. Let's all give it up to The Hot Rod. He was one of the best. 

Comments