Mego Pics: KISS: The Starchild


I wasn't sure at first if I was going to get into the new KISS Megos. It was a tough call. I'm not super into KISS but I do think they are cool and when I was a kid I thought that they were super cool. It was a tough call. In the end I decided to go with my love of the new release Megos and went ahead and picked up The Starchild when I saw him at Target. 

He was kind of hard to find. I never saw him at any of the Santa Rosa Targets. I had to go to the next town over to get one. It's not a long drive so it wasn't a big deal or anything. They had two of him on the peg. I bought one for me and left one for someone else. I try not to be greedy.. 


I really dig his outfit though, I mean from a collector's standpoint. I wouldn't want to wear it or anything ( I totally would. Who am I kidding?) The boots are great and the chain accents are terrific. I also really gronk those gauntlets with the stars on them. So dope. 

I'm a bit mixed on his head though. It's nice and to be honest I prefer the molded hair to the rooted hair but the weird little kissy face he's making on his mug is weird. I mean, he makes that face all the time in real life but it looks weird to me in action figure form.. I don't know.


It's easier to get him to hold onto his guitar than it is Jimi Hendrix. For whatever reason I have the hardest time getting Jimi to hold his axe. Not so much with The Starchild. He seems to have a greater will to rock than Jimi. 

I want to get all four members of KISS. So far they have released two figures, The Starchild and The Demon. I picked up The Demon on Target's Website but I haven't gotten him yet. Hopefully I will by the time you read this. 

Reach for the stars and touch em' all. 

So overall I'm pretty pleased with this dude. His guitar is neat, his clothes are dope and his face isn't that bad. So far I've purchased two of four of the Kiss dudes so I guess that means I'm in for the long haul. 

I wonder what they are going to do when they get to the drummer? The Catman. They can't possibly make a little drum kit. It wouldn't fit on the card. Boxed set? I don't know.. That would seem weird. At any rate I'm looking forward to finding out.

Comments