Toy Pic: Space Hasbros Of Jake Roberts and The Big Bossman


I took more weird pics of my WWF Hasbros the other day. IDK man, there is just something funny about turning these guys green. I don't think it's high art or anything but it really makes me laugh on the inside.

I think the appeal to me is the interesting head sculpts on the figures. They are so great in that they are cartoony but not cartoony to the point that they are silly. Well, they are a little silly but not hilarious.  

They are quality toy sculpting though. Shout out to Rod Rudat and the team over in Rhode Island. 


The first one that we have here today is The Big Bossman. The reason that his arms are pink is because the plastic on my original figure has discolored a bit so when I messed around with the hue on my phone they turned out a different color than the rest of his uniform.

Bossman was a great heal BITD. I mean, prison guards are scary in the first place and this guy was huge and he was abusive and he had handcuffs and a night stick and he wasn't afraid to give a dude a beating. Scared? Heck, he was looking forward to it. It was his reason for living.

At some point he turned face which all heels do but the idea of a nice guy prison guard isn't a great one to me. I just can't forgive him for all the beatdowns he laid down on WWF Dudes and for all the beatings he must have handed out in the Cobb County Jail. Dude is straight up evil. ACB.


And speaking of evil here we have Jake The Snake Roberts. I LOVE the expression on his face here. Dude is like one eye brow is up and the other one is down and he looks like whatever it is that he is looking at does not meet with his approval. He's disgusted.

The Snake was one of the greatest heels I've ever seen. Dude was so methodical and intelligent about his machinations. He was to me one of wrestling's greatest Evil Genius types. He really played it well. Plus his timing with the DDT was sublime. It always came at the right time and he did it so well that he always looked like he killed his opponent dead..

Comments