Magazine Scan: Baron Von Raschke Claw Power! T-Shirt


I picked up this old wrestling magazine at the flea market this past week. It cost a buck and I got it from a dude named Joel. It's a bit moldy so I'm prolly going to toss it after a bit but there are some fun ads in there that I'm going to post up here over time.

This one is super cool. That's Baron Von Raschke. Dude was an AWA mainstay forever. I used to watch dude on ESPN back when they ran AWA in the afternoon. That was past the glory days of the group but I was wrestling starved and ate it up.

That is a really great shirt though. I would rock one for sure. I wonder if there are some replicas out there. 

OK. I just looked. There are millions on all sorts of different sites. Your Red-bubbles and what have you. 

Von Raschke was actually a top flight amateur wrestler back in his day. I think he was a greco-roman guy. I only learned that recently. 

I was really surprised to hear that the dude who got guys in The Claw and goosestepped around the ring was a real life super tough guy. Wrestling is full of mysteries. 

 

Comments