Video Discount Warehouse: Plug Into Our High Powered Connection


I found this advert in a magazine called Video that I got at the flea market. It's pretty much the best magazine that I've ever seen. It's all about VCRs and VHS Cameras and stuff. It's so great. There is even an article in the issue about tape trading. So fun. I wasn't into that scene BITD but I wish that I was so it's nice to read about it when I get the chance.

In the back of the magazine there are a ton of awesome ads with everything from video cameras to Video Games. 


Dang, blank tapes cost 8.50. That's pretty steep. I like their mascot too. He sort of looks like a Pop! Vinyl. If they haven't made the VDW Mascot yet that's the one license that they haven't explored as so far, also the one that I might potentially buy.. 


Here's the part that you guys would prolly like the most, the video games. Let's see what's on here.. Ataris, Colecos and a bunch of software. You can't really make it out but in the upper right corner there are ads for different companies like Activision and such. 

There are also some pre-recorded VHS tapes.. Porky's: 64.95, Pete's Dragon: 32.95. That's quite a difference. I suppose the extra 30 bucks is for the nudity in Porky's. Porky's is such a weird movie with the whole Anti-Semitism side plot... 

What I like about this is that it's has all of the stuff that I wish I had when I was younger, VCRs, Computers, Video Cameras, tons of blank tapes etc. I still want those things don't get me wrong but when I was younger I wanted them BAD and it's taken like 35 years to fulfill those dreams.. 

Comments