IseeRobots Television: 1982 KTVU Commercials and 8 O'Clock Movie Bumper Bay Area TV


I don't even think that we'd moved to California at this point so these are new to me. I love old news broadcasts though. It's so interesting to see visually how different they look but also how similar they look to local news now. 

I like the ad for KGO Newstalk Radio. That station is still around today. I'd say they are prolly SF's top newstalk station? I think so but I'm not really sure. The intro for the 8 O'clock movie is pretty great too. 

KTVU never plays random movies at 8 anymore. It's a Fox affiliate so instead of playing something like Silver Streak with Wilder and Pryor you get Fox shows like 911 or something. 911 is alright, I couldn't think of any other Fox show.. American Idol? Is that still on Fox? Empire! That's one.. 

We watched season one of Empire and liked it but never went back.. I don't know why not.. Prolly cause there are too many DC Comics TV shows on The CW that I have to keep up with.. 

Comments