Video Store Pics: Blockbuster Video; Adelaide Australia




The other week when news of the last Blockbuster in Alaska shut down made the rounds my cousin Jason who lives in Australia hit me up, well he hit my brother up, and said "Man, there is a Blockbuster right down the street from where I live in Adelaide. He sent that picture up there as proof. 

I did a bit of a looking into it and discovered that there are actually 5 Blockbusters in Adelaide and a ton more all over Australia.

From what I understand the Blockbusters over there are franchised out instead of corporate owned like over here and that the owners just keep chugging along unaffected by some wack decisions from up top the corporate ladder that shut down their American brethren.



Man! Look at it. It's totally a Blockbuster. Looks like they have a terrific selection too. Is that the previously viewed area right there in the front? Looks like it. 

I would LOVE to dig through there for Blu-Rays. I've slowly started getting a little collection. I picked up Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 at The Flea Market this past Sunday. It only cost 3 bucks.

It's great to hear that somewhere out there in the world there is a Blockbuster Video fighting the good fight when most others gave up for ghost years ago, and 5 of them in one town? That's bananas. I can't even imagine that. 

I'm not sure that there were 5 of them in Santa Rosa at their peak. Let's see, there was one in Bennett Valley and one over by The Junior College.. Was that it? I know there were a couple Blockbuster Music stores but I don't know if they count. 

Big thanks to my Cousin Jason for these pics! If you have a video store in your neck of the woods I'd love to see it too. Send your pics HERE!!!!! 

Comments