October 1981 Movie Ads From The San Francisco Chronicle.



Here you go kids. another scan from that 1981 Newspaper I found at The Dig a few weeks back...This is what was popping off in Oct of 1981. Nothing really terrific but it is a nice little slice of time. Staying Alive is cool albeit sort of weird. It's strange how Travolta goes like full pro dancer with a headband and everything. I dig it though, headbands are dope.

Easy Money with Dangerfield is prolly fun but I can't say that I've ever seen it. I'm not sure about Nightmares either.. It may be the Emilio Estevez flick but it could also be the Australian Slasher joint named that. I don't the Emilio movie came out until 1983 though. 

Mr.Mom has always seemed like a real weird slice of the time. The whole deal is about how a dude has to stay home and watch the kids. Nowadays that is super normal but back then it was quite wacky. Wacky enough to make a whole movie about it.. Around The World In 80 Days is a Terry Gilliam Movie? Nope, I'm totally wrong. This is a rerelease of the 1956 movie that stars famous Mexican Clown, Cantinflas... I wonder what was behind that? 

Comments