Cute Retro Gals: Janine Turner.


For the 2nd installment of Cute Retro Gals I bring forth one of my fave gals from The 90's, Janine Turner. Janine is prolly most known for her role as Maggie O'Connell on the seminal 90's TV Show, Northern Exposure.

Maggie was dope. She was a bush pilot and a real no nonsense gal with a super cute little boy haircut. The hairdo really worked on her because she has a totally small head and face, plus her face is totally symmetrical and great to look at. The short hair really accentuates that. .


Turner started off as a teen model at 15 before entering the ranks of working actors with Northern Exposure. That's gotta be rough leaving so young. I don't know if I'd approve of my daughter taking off to the big city as a 15 year old to enter the not at all sketchy world of modeling.. 

Dig this modeling pic. She looks weird with long hair huh?

After Northern Exposure she did some other shows. Lifetime Network type stuff and got into some heavy right wing TV Talking head type stuff.

She also starred in a Christian Workout Video called Jeo-Cise. Like Jesus and Excercise, I guess, as well as a tape called Christoga, or Christian Yoga. I have been unable to find evidence of this. I really want to though.

UPDATE!!! I found it! Follow this link to check it out. It's not that wacky but still. Click HERE!!!


She also has her own right wing A.M radio show. I wonder what that is like? I wonder if she has skills on the mic? I kind of doubt it. Maybe she does. I don't know. I just read on Wikipedia that she once called Star Wars racist because the black character, Darth Vader only turned good after he removed his helmet and became white.. No comment. 



She was also in Cliffhanger with Sly Stallone who she later dated. She also went out with Troy Aikman and Jerry Jones Jr. Who I think is the son of the owner of The Dallas Cowboys. I'm not super sure if I'm right though. I don't really follow football.. 

I guess overall she does seem like a bit of a kook. That's a bummer. I was really, really into her in the 90's. I had a few pics of her on the walls of my bedroom and this is back when pics were hard to come by. You had to go out and actually get a magazine or something and actually cut it out! 

Comments